Every household needs a stable Wi-Fi connection. But if you have connectivity issues with your home network, you can resolve them by getting an internet router that suits your requirements. This way, you don’t need to buy additional equipment.
You can choose from a wide range of internet routers available in the market. To help you select the best one, we have compiled a list of internet routers for an apartment with their pros and cons:
1. Motorola Ac2600 4×4 Wi-Fi Smart Gigabit Router
If you are looking for a budget-friendly router, the Motorola Ac2600 is the best option for you. It is great for smart apartments and consists of adjustable antennas that cover more space. With Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology, you can connect multiple users or devices simultaneously.
- Lightning-fast connectivity
- 3 USB ports with firewall security
- MU-MIMO, beamforming supported
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- QoS supported
- 4 adjustable antennas
- Parental controls
- Reliable and consistent speed
- 2-year warranty
- Affordable pricing
- Excellent connectivity throughout the place
- A tricky interface
- No automatic firmware updates
2. Google Wi-Fi System (NLS-1304-25)
When it comes to internet routers for apartments, the Google Wi-Fi system is the most reliable option. Since it is a Google-based device, you can easily set it up and connect it to your current mesh network. It has a dedicated compatibility mode, which allows integration with multiple devices.
- Compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n/gc devices
- High-speed overall coverage
- Stable internet connectivity
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Easy to install and operate
- Fast and reliable internet connectivity
- Easy to set up and install
- Deal for 4,500 square ft. spaces
- Adjusts with existing mesh network
- Limited functionality
3. TP-Link Archer A7 Smart Wi-Fi Router
If you are looking for an internet router that lets you keep an eye on your children’s online activity, get your hands on TP-Link Archer A7. It offers parental control options so you could ensure that your child gets a safe and secure online experience. In addition, it has an excellent performance with consistent connectivity, which makes it an ideal choice for most internet users.
- Provides connectivity for up to 2,500 square ft. area
- Extended number of ports
- Filter and time limit insights
- Dual-band supported
- Parental controls
- Alexa supported
- Can stream videos in 4K
- Easy to set up
- Has a 2-year warranty
- Has a wireless USB access
- Requires rebooting sometimes
4. NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming Wi-Fi 6 Router (XR1000)
For gamers, NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router offers superior connectivity for a seamless gaming experience. In addition, it allows you to decide how you want to share bandwidth between your applications to get the right speed for gaming.
- Dual-band with 6-stream compatibility
- DumaOS 3.0 for lag-free connectivity
- Wi-Fi 6 supported
- USB 3.0
- Includes a powerful extender
- Dynamic QoS supported
- Easy to install and set up
- Good coverage
- Beamforming and QoS supported
- Dynamic connectivity with minimal latency
- Multiple network security options
- Expensive option for non-gamers
- Doesn’t support MU-MIMO
5. Linksys – Dual-Band AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router (E9450)
If you have multiple smart home devices, including smart TVs, security cameras, and kitchen appliances, you need to get a Linksys E9450 Wi-Fi router. It can support multiple devices at high speeds up to 5.4 Gbps. You can play online games, surf the web, and stream movies without worrying about speed issues.
- Average speeds of 5.4 gigabits per second
- Covers up to 2,800 square ft. area
- 1-year warranty
- Allows you to upgrade router or modem independently
- Ideal for gaming
- Good for video conferencing
- Speed interruptions
Choosing an Internet Router for an Apartment
Before finalizing an internet router for your apartment, you need to consider the following factors. These factors will help you decide which routersuits you best:
- Know your needs to understand what type of device will work for you.
- Look for a router that comes with parental controls to keep an eye on your child’s browsing activity.
- See if the router has an easy-to-set-up interface, time limit, and access control settings.
- Make sure that the internet router is pocket-friendly.
- Check the speed range and coverage of your internet router so that you don’t need to buy a Wi-Fi extender.
- Ensure that your chosen router has the latest specs, such as Wi-Fi 6 technology, beamforming, dual-tri-band, and MU-MIMO features. In addition, you need to check if it offers firmware updates and allows you to install any latest patch.
Now that you know which internet router suits your requirements, it’s time for you to get connected! Before you invest in a good internet router, make sure you are subscribed to the best internet plans. With Spectrum Internet, you will get high speeds at a great price. All you need to do is, get in touch with servicio al cliente de Spectrum so you could avail the plan you need!