What is an Overweight Permit Bond and Why Is it Required For Vehicles In Some Counties in The State?

What is an Overweight Permit Bond and Why Is it Required For Vehicles In Some Counties in The State?

What is an Overweight Permit Bond?

You might require an overweight bond if your company uses big vehicles like trailers, haulers, or oversized commercial trucks.

Many state, county, and municipal governments need overweight bonds. These kinds of bonds permit using your heavy car on public roads.

The bond ensures that all taxes and fees used for the repair and maintenance of public highways will be paid and that the trucker will follow prescribed routes during the times and days specified in each permit.

Depending on the state of the highway/road, the gross and axle weights, the time of day authorized for travel, escorting, curfews, and other factors necessary for safe road travel, the precise amount per overweight bond may change. The oversize/overweight surety bond can also guarantee that the operator of the large piece of equipment won’t damage any pavement, buildings, bridges, roads, drainage systems, or other structures and that they’ll follow the permit schedule.

Utah’s Overweight Bond Requirements:

If the vehicle or load exceeds the permitted dimensions in Utah, a permit must be granted and kept in the vehicle for inspection by law authorities. A single trip, semi-annual, or annual permit may be obtained.

We can obtain the licenses and overweight bonds for your commercial truck and load in Utah at LKA Insurance Agency. Call us right now for a free estimate.

Arizona’s Overweight Bond Requirements:

The need for an overweight bond in Arizona will depend on your trucking vehicle’s precise size and weight restrictions. Unfortunately, the licenses were only given out for one trip or for 30 days, and the loads cannot be reduced.

These permits, known as Class A oversize/overweight permits in Arizona, can only be used for travel on state highways. The LKA Insurance Agency can assist you in locating the appropriate municipal authority if a license is required for another method of transportation.

Texas Overweight Bond Requirements:

To lawfully drive on Texas roads, cargo and vehicles that exceed the permitted size or weight limits must get an oversize/overweight permit from the Texas DMV.

You may occasionally need to submit a surety bond with the Texas DMV in an amount determined by the Texas Department of Transportation, payable to them for any highway damage resulting from the operation of a heavy vehicle.

The Transportation Code’s Chapter 623 may stipulate that the surety bond is necessary.

Oklahoma Overweight Bond Requirements:

If your company operates a fleet of commercial trucks or oversized trucks in the state of Oklahoma, you must get a surety bond for your oversized load. Some cargo and vehicles require licenses or permission surety bonds to operate on public highways.

The overweight bond typically serves as proof of the payment of taxes and other payments used to maintain and repair public roads and highways.


Oversized Permit and Superheavy Bonds are other names for overweight bonds. They promise to fix any roads and highways that have been harmed by machinery.

When a permit is given to operate under the terms of Chapter 623 of the Transportation Code, the surety bond might be necessary. The bond is asked for numerous Texas counties, including Chambers, Fort Bend, Houston, and Montgomery.

Shown Johnson

Related Posts